Search This Blog

Sunday 7 December 2014

This Week's Prizes

LUPITA NYONG'O



Sometimes the greatest style moment of the week will be a last minute edition, like the cover of this week's Sunday Style, which just appeared on my twitter feed and burned my retinas with it's perfection.

What the hell do I even say about this? Lupita is the greatest. So beautiful. Every day this week was a style hit.  For example, Thursday she spoke at the Massachusetts Conference for Women looking like a Techy Tailor Whiz. She can do no wrong.


We're not worthy.


LILY ALLEN





















The BFA's this week were obviously host to a lot of beautiful people wearing a lot of beautiful clothes but this was my favourite. Cuz Vivienne Westwood. I mean everyone else might stop with earrings and bracelets etc as accessories but Westwood makes horns as accessories. Why not? Peach hair, peach lip, well everything's just peachy.

ROSARIO DAWSON & GABRIELLE UNION



Look at these babes at the premiere of Chris Rock's new film Top Five in New York. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE TOP 5. I just can't wait. Chris Rock has been on top form this week, even by Chris Rock standards, first there was his interview for Vulture, and then his essay for The Hollywood Reporter. He's funnier than everyone else and so thoughtful and handsome. ANYWAY. Union and Dawson both star in Top Five, and I love them both. And they turned up looking like the Queens of Gotham or something, and I'd like to imagine they got ready together in a top floor city boudoir, drinking vodka concoctions from chalices.


KRYSTEN RITTER



Hot pink! Hot news!

Netflix are making a superhero  series!

If, like me, you kind of roll your eyes at the first mention of superheroes these days (seriously when will this saturation end??? WHENNN???) but I am so down for this one.

Because this one is starring Krysten Ritter.

And herself and her endlessly sleek hair attended Ocean Drive Magazine's December Issue launch in Miami on Friday.

Jessica Jones.

Netflix knows what's up.






LEA SEYDOUX


I couldn't give two shits about Bond films.

But Lea Seydoux is going to be in the next one and she looked so fucking french at the press announcement.

(French is shorthand for devastatingly striking)

I love the matching mellow belt and shoes.

I'm honestly probably not going to watch Bond, even after this casting masterclass.

But I'll watch Seydoux in Sister and Blue Is The Warmest Colour forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive