Search This Blog

Sunday 30 November 2014

This Week's Prizes

NATALIE DORMER

 I feel as though Natalie Dormer has been floating around my peripheries for far too long. No excuses I know, she's in a HBO show ffs. Whenever I see a picture of her I always think "that's that pretty girl from Game of Thrones." Well this week I finally saw her in something. The Hunger Games of course, and she's fantastic in it. I am a fully fledged Dormer fan.

And she's in the new issue of Nylon this month sporting The Best Hair.

Multiple ear piercings is one of my favourite things. Additional points for the jacket. And the heeled oxfords.

But mostly just the hair.

Add this to my 'maybe I'll have short dirty blonde hair one day' list.








The whole spread by Zoey Grossman is gorgeous. Zoey Grossman will you photograph me?



SOLANGE

Well Solange wins every week, everybody knows this. After the most beautiful wedding that ever was, Solange is now more than ever the standard go-to for jumpsuit inspiration.

This is her leaving Miami Airport this week. I repeat this is Solange LEAVING AN AIRPORT. Juicy tracksuits around the world should hang their heads in shame.

Bag so shiny.

Lips so pink.

Her husband Alan Ferguson's shirt says it all really.

Getting lost in the beauty of it.

I know what you mean Alan.




LORDE


Our Lorde And Saviour was on Jimmy Fallon this week. She wore two outfits and they were both real A* material. She performed in a white crop and black trouser. Which sounds simple, and I guess it is, but it looks like a masterpiece on her. Just so slick. And so goth. The Craft is to thank for her current aesthetic, I'm sure of it. I'm praising everybody's hair this week, and Lorde is no exception. I love that she's of the Nicky Nichols mane variety. She's like Gretchen Weiners. Except her hairs not so big because it's full of secrets. It's so big because it's full of All Consuming Knowledge Of The Music Industry. 
My phone is sick of Yellow Flicker Beat being on repeat and when the robots rule the earth it will probably be the first thing they punish me for. "Robots, why don't you love Lorde?" I'll ask and they'll say "because she is an example of the highest form of human intelligence that we need to extinguish in order to survive and rule." Anyway. In full Hunger Games mode she changed into this gradient vision. A walking static-y fire. The Hunger Games, I love it. And evidently I can't stop talking about it. But I will, I promise.

 ZOE KRAVITZ

Septum ring. Smokey eye. Braids. Red and black houndstooth. Zoe Kravitz, man. Just casually out for a Thanksgiving dinner and looking like a million bucks.



GWEN STEFANI



Speaking of houndstooth, my muse did so good this week, you guys. SO GOOD.

For what must be the billionth time, Stefani wore Adidas better than anyone else on the planet.

I'd like to see an alien try to top this also.

Monochrome. So crisp. So fresh. Just so fucking stylish every single time.

Who knew jagged houndstooth could be a thing?











AND THE SHOES


Self explanatory.


AMY POEHLER AND TINA FEY

Saved the best til last didn't I? My two true sources of love and laughs released their first promo for next years Golden Globes. They're both so charming they could wear bin bags and still be stone cold foxes, but they didn't, they wore classic LBDs. Because they're professionals. The Golden Globes usually fall around my birthday and the last few years have been a real gift. This will be their third time hosting, and also their last time hosting. Then a new Globes tradition will start which will mainly consist of me shouting "Who's this idiot hosting? Remember when Tina and Amy hosted and it was the best??" at the poor person daring to follow perfection. I'm still laughing at Fey's joke about Clooney and Gravity from last year. I reacted to it like how sport people react to goals or touch downs or whatever. I yelled for everyone to come look and did a live action replay. There was whooping involved. Bring on more whooping, January.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive